CryoManagement is a service for the construction and integrated management of cryobiological rooms, to guarantee the long-term safety of the samples stored and of operators.
The service covers all activities concerning the manipulation, transport and long-term storage of biological material of all kinds, with solutions and services that have led to the construction of cryobiological rooms all over Europe, many of them accredited by national and international organs, such as the Italian National Transplant Centre and National Blood centre, JACIE, FACT-NETCORD and ISO 9001.
The activities completed by the availability of cryobiological rooms owned by SOL that are qualified as Tissue Institutes and certified by the Health Ministry (protocol 0022082P of 04/10/2013) for the storage of biological samples for third parties (CryoRecovery Service) and for managing the process of Disaster Recovery, as indicated in Directive 191/2007.
The CryoManagement has distinct levels:
- design and construction of cryobiological rooms
- high technology for cryoconservation
- construction and maintenance of common plants
- supervision and automation systems certified as medical devices
- computer management of biological sample traceability
- safety systems for operators
- control of the system over the Internet
CryoManagement assures all fundamental aspects for the construction and management of cryobiological rooms:
- safeguarding of operators involved in cryoconservation operation;
- guarantee of the traceability of biological samples for their entire life;
- assurance of decades of life for samples;
- real-time monitoring of the operating conditions of sample conservation and alarm parameters;
- Management of the register of samples and patients with computer systems validated according to cGMP;
- modular construction solutions for specific requirements, with construction of internal structures in the hospital or outside it;
- supply of liquid nitrogen certified as a medical device for the cryoconservation of samples.
SOL provides qualified technicians to handle all the processes of biological sample banking and traceability, to handle validation and maintenance operations and for providing specific training and pre-inspection audits.